Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Paper craft project no. 342: Happy Mother's Day mixed media card

For my April CASEplorations post, click here.


We have a new theme at The Mixed Media Card Challenge: FLOWERS. Easy enough! Come check out what the rest of the design team made and then join us. The challenge is open until April 25, and you can read about how we define a mixed media card here.


I created my card by applying a layer of heavy textured gesso on a panel before applying and blending Gelatos and stamping a newsprint grunge stamp. Then I placed a daisy stencil/mask over the panel and applied gesso over it. The stencil coordinates with the daisy stamp so I stamped the daisy over in black archival ink. Distressed the edges before running a pink Japanese watercolor brush pen and adhering the panel to the card base. I stamped the happy Mother's day sentiment in black ink and the grunge stamps in sienna archival ink. Added some splatters with Koi watercolors, trimmed to size, adhered to the card base, and finished with washi tapes.

In creating the background of my card, I used the same technique I used in a one layer card I did a year ago -- with a little modification, such as using a stencil that coordinates with a stamp. I didn't have time to shoot a video for my new card, so here's the older video. It's a quickie: 5 minutes, 20 seconds :o)


ETA: I did take photos as I made my Mother's Day mixed media card and here's the step-by-step photo tutorial on the STAMPlorations blog. up on the STAMPlorations blog posted later today at 3 p.m. PDT (GMT-7).

Linking my card to these fun challenges:



Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to smile :o)

~Shery

19 comments:

  1. Holy goodness and all that is right with this world. You created a MASK to line up perfectly with the Bloom Sketches daisy?!?! AHHHHH! That will need to be in my stencils collection. This card is AMAZING. I don't really ever watch videos, but you better believe I just watched yours with rapt attention. Totally pinning this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it´s the same by me *lol
      never watch videos put yours are such fast... love them
      and your card is stunning

      Delete
  2. This is mind blowing !!! I am in love with this beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors on your blooms Sheri! Love the washi holding on the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card; love the flowers and all the bright colours! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to see your entry, Shery! I was just thinking about you the other day.. :) The mix of colors is absolutely gorgeous! Love this happy card! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “Layers and Dimensions” Challenge! Hope to see your lovely work soon again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those bright and beautiful flowers Shery! Great dimension! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Fabulous background!! Love the colors too!! Thanks for playing along with us at Addicted to Stamps or More!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowzers, what a card!!!!! those colors - stunning!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what an explosion of colorful! So exciting!...Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Encore, encore!!! Love your card... you are a master at one-layer, Shery!!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card looks amazing Shery:) Thanks for joining us this week at ATSM xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. excellent background stamping and gorgeous colours. A true delight. Thanks for joining us at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous, bright and colourful background. Great card and thanks for sharing and playing along at ATSM challenge

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the bright colors! Thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart this week.
    HeatherM

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for your video. It is awesome, I had completely wrong idea about the process before watching the video :) Great technique and awesome card.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? If you'd like to share, share it with a smile, please :o) Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...