Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Paper craft project no. 376: Be authentic mixed media card


At Time Out Challenges, the challenge is Home Sweet Home -- and we have a photo to inspire you!

Source
I was inspired by the colors and the brick-like design. To make my mixed media card, I started by covering my card base with gesso. Next I dabbed spiced marmalade and barn door Distress paints and then spritzed a little water over the paints to let them blend and run. Once dry, I stamped various images (from Trendy Birds, Mixed Media Grunge, and Bloom Factory) in rich cocoa Memento Luxe ink and heat set. Then I took the ARTplorations Gridlocked stencil and partially stenciled around with modeling paste. I grunged it up a bit by sponging chrome and coffee archival inks over the modeling paste. I finished the card by adhering the banner where I had stamped the sentiment (Hashtag Authentic) in Delicata gold ink.

What will you create based on the inspiration photo? Don't forget to link up to the challenge! Check out what the TO design team made, as well as our guest designer this round: the lovely Sue from Foleysfriend!

Linking up to these fun challenges:


Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to smile :o)

~Shery

17 comments:

  1. Superb take on the photo. Such a cool idea to go with the brick work and make it look really like brick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Shery beauty! :) The stenciled bricks add a lot of interest and I love all the warm, rich colors. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love this this pretty card and the colors!! Wowzer!! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card ! I loved the bright bold colors,grunge stamps n the the brick texture if fab !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is just fantastic! Thanks for sharing and joining us at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again and good luck!
    Ema
    IDCB Owner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you incorporated bricks into your design while at the same time including the beautiful rich colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant vibrant colour and yummy texture in those bricks, Shery ... fabulous! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab take on the inspiration and loving the textured brick work. Hope all going well with your pregnancy, not long now! Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great how you incorporated the rectangles on your card! They look so good on that warm background! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful creation! Love the rich colors! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is absolutely amazing!! Love the white bricks and all the gorgeous bright colour underneath. I love that all of our cards are so different from each other. I could never create a card like this, its spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cards always blow me away! This is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the vibrant colors! Thanks for sharing at Clear It Out's Your Style challenge. Hope you join us again.
    Lisa DT
    The Crafting Cave

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so cool!! I LOVE the bright colors and all the texture. It is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? If you'd like to share, share it with a smile, please :o) Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...