Friday, August 14, 2015

Paper craft project no. 385: Focus on the journey one layer mixed media card


Sharing my latest one layer mixed media card. This one's for our current challenge at The Mixed Media Card Challenge, where this month's theme is butterflies (optional element: gold).


And over at STAMPlorations, the theme for August is STAMPS & WATERCOLOR.


To create my card, I applied a layer of gesso on the card base. I watercolored the background with Sakura Koi watercolors. Next I traced the ARTplorations Shower of Flutters stencil/mask with a black calligraphy pen and ran my waterbrush over to make the ink bleed. I painted the large butterflies using Inktense pencils then stamped the coordinating Trendy Butterfly stamps in Delicata gold. I overstamped the large butterflies in black archival ink. I did some collage stamping on the background (Big Numbers Background, Narcissus, Trendy Birds, and Mixed Media Grunge) and finished the card by stamping the sentiment from the newly released Bold Sentiments: Journey set.

Linking up my card to these fun challenges:
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to smile :o)

9 comments:

  1. Love what you've done here Shery. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card that really should be framed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mixed media card is just gorgeous! Loving the background detail & colours! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Simply Create Too!
    Hugs, Danielle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card and technique!! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you created this beauty, Shery! Simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous one layer butterfly card Shery. I love all the colorful depth you achieved. Wow! TFS my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fab ..... love the colours! Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge .... Good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? If you'd like to share, share it with a smile, please :o) Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...