Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Paper craft project no. 435: Celebrate one layer card


We have a brand new challenge at Time Out and for the next couple of weeks, it's a theme with an optional twist challenge. The theme: celebrations. The optional twist: die-cutting or fussy cutting.

I went with the twist -- sort of. I was working on a few new designs and I cut the framed flutters using my electronic die-cutting machine and then used the die-cut as a stencil/mask. I placed it on my card base and then sponged mustard seed Distress ink all over. I removed the stencil/mask and I stamped the butterflies (Trendy Butterflies) in pumpkin pie HA ink. I stamped the sentiment (cut from the sentiment in Framed Christmas: Celebrate the Season) in black ink. I decided to trace and doodle the frame with a brown Crafter's Companion Aqua marker. I added tiny blue splatters by flicking a waterbrush against the tip of blue Inktense pencil.

Check out the cards the team + guest designer Elizabeth made and then link up your own project. We can't wait to see them! CAS-ual Friday Stamps is sponsoring this challenge.

I'm joining in again at the CAS Mix Up April Challenge. I've got stamping and stenciling. For the third element, I went with 2 products -- Inktense pencil to create the tiny splatters and Crafter's Companion Aqua marker for the doodled frame.



Also playing once again at One Layer Simplicity Challenge (it's so nice to be able to play there again not once, but twice, this month!), where for April, we can create anything we wish (as long as it's one layer, of course!)

Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to smile :o)

9 comments:

  1. Sunny, bright, vibrant and fabulous, Shery ... such a lovely collection of fluttery butterflies! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a creative way to twist Shery-so inventive. I really like that doodled frame x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw it! Loved it! Enough said...other than, it's my favorite color. Wowzers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the doodled frame and the blue splatters against the bright yellow! Bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so bright and fun Shery. Great design using your die-cuts for a mask / stencil. Love the blue splatters on the bright yellow and that doodled border. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a happy card, Shery! I love all the yellow and the beautiful butterflies! Thanks for sharing with us again at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful this frame-design! And great just in the yellow and brown; looks so fresh! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shery, that butterfly frame is super fabulous with the butterfly stamping on it. Love your one layer card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a vibrant design; I love how the white frame pops!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? If you'd like to share, share it with a smile, please :o) Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...