Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Paper craft project no. 477: In full color


Hello! Last week, a new challenge started at Time Out. This time around we're to CASE a card and put our own twist to our creation. We are CASE-ing this gorgeous card by Kim of Cupcakes, Cards and Kim.


I took my cue from the colorful blooms but instead of going with the obvious (flowers), I went with paintbrushes. First I die-cut a panel the size of an ATC using the CUTplorations ATC Tag Builder dies and used the torn notebook edge die (Art Edges) on one edge. Then I stamped the paintbrush border (Life in Full Color) in Versafine and colored the image with BIC alcohol markers. Last, I stamped the sentiment, mounted the panel at an angle on the card base, and the card is done.

Check out the cards the team + guest designer Deepti made and then link up your own project inspired by Kim's card. There is still a week left to play. We can't wait to see your creations!

Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to smile :o)


6 comments:

  1. Oh this is such a creative take on Kim's card. I love the colours here and the slanting tag look x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shery, I LOVE this card. The way you used Kim's colors is so creative. The bold color on all that white space is FABULOUS. I also love that the "note" appears to be torn from a spiral notebook - a reminder. A reminder to LIVE LIFE IN COLOR!!!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab take on Kim's card! I love your simple layout and the use of those brushes images, great job! Commenting here reminds me I have to email you, I was one of the November winners and so happy about that too! You'll hear from me soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your colorful paintbrushes and CAS design Shery. TFS my friend. Hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colours on Kim's card to inspire us weren't they?! This is such a great idea to use them as the centrepiece for your card. Gorgeous. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun and bright, Shery ... and perfect with that brilliant sentiment! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? If you'd like to share, share it with a smile, please :o) Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...